Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Something Beautiful (edited)

I've observed that most of my recent posts were all about frustration. I'm devoting the long weekend to positive posts. And as a start, I've decided to list down my TOP (in no particular order, parang beauty pageant) Pretty Faces in the Local Showbiz (young stars) (5 for women & 4 for men) alongside the reasons why I find them good looking as well as other things (good and a bit bad) about these people.

Indulge! :D

LOVELY LADIES


MARIAN RIVERA The recent i ssue of Cosmopolitan Magazine is just so enticing. Marian Rivera is stunningly beautiful (she shines). She's indeed the next big thing on local TV. Her beauty is compa rable with Thalia. Well, she's half-Spanish. But she's not just another pretty face on TV. She's got a talent that can be improved (she acts pretty-well and she dance well, too). Ang off l ang, she doesn't appeal as someone interesting to be interviewed (you know what I mean)

IZA CALZADO I'm a fan (Maybe it has something to do with her being an overweight before). It seems that there's a good genetic combination between a Filipino and a Caucasian. Iza has an innocent look which is why her 'daring' commercial (is that Barcelona Brandy?) is kinda off. What makes Iza more beautiful is her acting prowess. I can never forget her performance as "Amihan" in Enkantadya/Etherea. This girl isn't just pretty; she's got a head. She's a sensible guest in talk shows (I've watched her in "Moms").

PAULEEN LUNA She's got an angelic face. Hindi siya nakakasawang tignan. I particularly appreciate her beauty more with her print ads for Placenta (Renew nga ba?). Hmm what makes me wonder though is her apparently consistent interest in older (as in double her age) men. Anyway, it's her preference. She's pretty and talented. Check her blogs 1, 2, &3.

KC CONCEPCION If there's one lucky kid in showbiz these days, it'd be KC. She's got the face (pulido ang mukha) and the talent (she sings well) to become a 'superstar'. Not to mention, her mom is the Mega Star. But honestly sa sobrang ganda ni KC, may moments na nakakasawa siyang tignan.

Additional

ROXANNE GUINOO You'll never get tired of looking at her face.
She has a semblance with Cahralene Gonzales. It's interesting to see how this innocent-looking girl has transformed herself to being a bit naughty. Hmmm, she's still in the process of creating a name in the industry in terms of her acting abilities.

ADORABLE GUYS


DENNIS TRILLO
I never had the slightest idea that he is half-Chinese. So "Trillo" is just a screen surname (replacing "Ho"). I love looking at Dennis's eyes. They are so expressive (to use my mom's description of expressive eyes, parang parati kang sinasabihan ng I Love You). That's precisely what makes his acting work -- eyes' expression.

[To be continued]


0 comments: