Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Snubbing: I'm really good at it :D

I promised not to rant this long weekend. But hey, there’s something funny about this post. I wasn’t really convinced to vote for the Barangay Elections. But a friend who’s running as a kagawad (in a another place) actually shed some light why I should vote. Also, not voting makes me a candidate for deletion from the voter's list and it takes out my right to whine (nyarnyar). Oops, and a cousin is running as a kagawad.

I was with my aunt and advised her to just go straight and not mind those people giving out flyers. In short, be a snob. For someone who has prepared a list (in our minds) of who to vote for, getting those small pieces of paper wouldn’t make any sense. But my tita was too nice to entertain them all (while there I was shooing them away). Perfect, I didn’t get any piece of that paper.

I had a hard time looking for my precinct. Room assignments have changed (from the last National Elections). And because of that, the kasungitan heightened.

Kasungitan #1 While I was reading through the list of names in one of the precinct, someone approached me and asked what name I was looking for. I’m someone who would just say thank you and let me find an answer to my problem (kapag hindi ko na kaya, hihingi naman ako ng tulong). So ayun, nasungitan ko rin, “Ah hindi wala.”

Kasungitan #2 There was another list posted outside the precinct. Of course, before you find out what that list is about, you have to read. I found out that it’s a list of those declared dead. Of course, I didn’t continue reading. But this guy who’s so pakialamero said, “patay na ho iyan”. He said that after I stopped glancing through the list. Malamang kaya nga ako tumigil magbasa, "nakita ko nga." Hahaha sobra'ng kasungitan ko.

But here’s the best...

Miss, boto ka sa SK?

Ate, sa SK ka?

Apparently, people aren’t sure of my age. I probably look a bit old to vote for SK but a bit young to be old (what a description).

I’m sorry but I’m not qualified to vote for Sangguniang Kabataan; Sangguniang Kasungitan maybe. Haha!

2 comments:

missingpoints said...

Consider it a compliment na akala nila qualified ka pa sa SK. :)

alwaysanxious said...

Haha! Oo naman! Kinikilig-kilig nga ako pag-uwi ko eh. :D Weird lang talaga kasi, hanggang 18 lang ang pwedeng bumoto for SK di ba?