Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Love in children's eyes

In one of the segments of today's episode of "The Buzz", Boy Abunda asked a group of kids (Pinoy Dream Academy Little Dreamer)about how they view love. It's kind of surprising to observe comments like linking one of the boys to the other girl and you'd hear other say "yikee." At medyo ganun din ang reaction ng host.

Is that how we want children to view the concept of love? Do we want them to always link it to romance? They are kids for goodness sake.

This is the reason why I don't understand parents who pair their children to classmates. I don't understand when they start teasing their boys to those cute girls in their school.

Back when I was a kid, it's something that I didn't really appreciate. I get angry at any adult who'd tease me to a classmate (or any boys for that matter). Which is why whenever they do that to my nieces and nephew, I always tell them to stop. Teach the children how to make friends instead.

Oh, and don't ever make them think that love is always about coupling.

0 comments: