Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bulaklak

Last February 14 was one of the most challenging days of my life... of course I'm just kidding. Well, I had to deal with the question, "Am I bringing home this effing long-stemmed rose?"

The owner of the company where I am working gave all his lady employees long-stemmed roses. People, you know how I hate receiving flowers especially on valentine's. I don't want to be among those people who are getting attention (unwanted attention for that matter) from people simply because you're walking down the street carrying a rose (beautifully packaged). Aside from that, it's a waste of money.

My YM status on the morning of the 14th was "Flower is fine but I need cash." Around 3 YM contacts sent me a message, laughing at my status. But you know, it's just being practical.

It could have really been better if we were given chocolates (or anything that we can consume). In the first place, there's nothing sweet or touching about getting a 'generic thingy' on Valentine's. Not to mention, it's not from someone dear to your heart. Ah, the rose costs P550. If it was given in cash, I just need to add 50 bucks and I could already buy a ticket to EJ. Leche. :))

A lot of people are 'wasting money' on Valentine's. 5k for a bouquet of roses? Sobrang sayang ang pera I swear to earth. On the 13th when I passed by the flower shop area at Megamall, I was just so amazed that there were really bunch of guys going gaga over buying flowers. Eww! Sorry but really, a lot are missing the idea of the proper way to celebrate or at least the best way to show your love to that special someone.

It's just the kuripot / practical in me ranting.

Oh so what did I do with the long-stemmed flower, oh it's still there at the office (will try to upload some pix). And I don't have any plans of bringing it at home (baka lantang gulay na iyon bukas). Actually, I asked if someone has a salad dressing. Maybe it can be good for a rose salad. :))

0 comments: